If you have arrived here after receiving an email from one of our Editorial Team, then please read this page carefully. After that, if you still feel that your post has been edited or removed unreasonably, then please Contact Us.
We try to avoid overt moderation, but if people stray outside the reasonable requests listed below, then their postings will be removed by our Editorial Team. Those who persistently offend will be banned from using the forums.
It takes a lot of time and work to maintain the AppleVis website, and moderating posts or disputes in the forum takes away time that could be better spent elsewhere on the site. So, please take a few minutes to read and respect the guidelines posted below. This will enable us to spend more time on tasks that are appreciated by the vast majority of the AppleVis community.
- All posts must relate directly to Apple apps, hardware, or services, or to third-party apps that can run on Apple hardware.
- Before starting a new topic, we would recommend that you use the site’s search facility to check if a similar topic already exists or if the question that you are about to ask has previously been asked and answered.
- Please use clear and descriptive subject lines for your posts. Doing so will significantly increase the likelihood that others will read your post and answer any questions that you may have asked.
- Please only post questions about a single topic in any new post to the forum. For example, do not ask a question about using an iOS app and another question about Bluetooth keyboards in the same post. This will improve your chances of getting appropriate and helpful answers and also make discussion easier to follow.
- Please do not post replies which add no value to the existing discussion. For example, if somebody has asked for information on a specific app, replying to say that you have not used that app is of no value and only serves to get in the way of what might be helpful answers. Additionally, if someone asks a question about how to do a particular task, replying to the post and saying to do an internet search to find the answer is not at all helpful.
- Please stay on topic. Always stick to the original topic that was stated by the person who started the thread. If you have a suggestion or comment that is on a different topic, please start a new thread.
- Please be polite. The AppleVis forum is designed to build a positive, thriving community. Please give the same consideration and tolerance to others that you would like to receive from them. It is perfectly okay to have a differing viewpoint from someone else; please remember, though, to express your views in a respectful manner. Posts that are deliberately insulting to other members of the AppleVis community will be edited and/or removed.
- No advertising. The AppleVis Forums are not to be used for trading/swapping or selling/advertising products or services. If you wish to post information about a product or service that you believe would be of interest to our community and falls within the scope of the website, please Contact Us beforehand for our approval.
- Do not promote crowd-funding campaigns (such as Kickstarter) without the prior approval of the Editorial Team. Posts without such approval will be removed.
- Please do not use the AppleVis Forum to promote your own website or online resource. If you want to let others know of a website that might be of interest and which falls within the scope of AppleVis, you should submit it to our Link Directory.
- Please do not post press releases unless the intention is to inform or contextualize a new or existing discussion; and the press release is only part of your post. A press release posted to do nothing more than promote a product or service will be removed.
- No flaming. Flaming is the act of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting. These types of posts are absolutely not allowed and will result in the immediate removal of the offending post.
- Please do not post inappropriate or offensive content. This includes posting messages with insults or profanity; or messages which are religiously, racially, or sexually offensive. These types of posts will result in the post being edited or removed and could also lead to your forum privileges being revoked.
- Please do not post illegal content. For example, no posts about the illegal use of licensed software or posting information about beta versions of software which would breach any non-disclosure agreement (NDA).
- Please do not spam. Repeated posting of a message (or very similar messages) multiple times is considered spamming and is not welcome here. When making a post, please post it only one time in the most appropriate forum category that fits the topic of your post. Multiple posts will be unpublished or deleted, and continued abuse of this guideline may result in having your posting privileges revoked.
- To keep your identity and personal information safe and to keep from being added to a spammer's e-mail list, it is recommended that you not include e-mail addresses or other personal information in your posts.
If you have a question about any of the above guidelines or whether a post would be appropriate for AppleVis, please ask first using the Contact Us form.