A powerful, complete, and easy to use podcast player that will help you manage and listen to podcasts the way you want to.
Now with CarPlay support!
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app is fully accessible with VoiceOver. All buttons are clearly labelled, there are appropriate hints, and the interface is intuitive and easy to use.
Having used nearly every other podcast app that is available, this is now my favorite. Unlike some of those other apps, VoiceOver support does not appear like it was an afterthought. Nor does it get in the way of the basic usability of the app (I like iCatcher!, but I do find myself a little frustrated at how the elements and controls added to make it accessible actually impact a little on the user experience).
All of the features of Downcast are accessible. I particularly like the fact that podcasts with unplayed episodes are grouped at the top of your list of subscribed podcasts. This makes it much quicker and easier to keep track of new episodes (although you can also use the app's playlist feature to do this).
Downcast appears to offer the best of both worlds - a very good set of features, along with full support of VoiceOver. Highly recommended.
VoiceOver reads all page elements.
All buttons are clearly labeled.
The app is fully accessible with VoiceOver and is easy to navigate and use.