Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app is fully accessible with VoiceOver. All buttons are clearly labelled, there are appropriate hints, and the interface is intuitive and easy to use.
Having used nearly every other podcast app that is available, this is now my favorite. Unlike some of those other apps, VoiceOver support does not appear like it was an afterthought. Nor does it get in the way of the basic usability of the app (I like iCatcher!, but I do find myself a little frustrated at how the elements and controls added to make it accessible actually impact a little on the user experience).
All of the features of Downcast are accessible. I particularly like the fact that podcasts with unplayed episodes are grouped at the top of your list of subscribed podcasts. This makes it much quicker and easier to keep track of new episodes (although you can also use the app's playlist feature to do this).
Downcast appears to offer the best of both worlds - a very good set of features, along with full support of VoiceOver. Highly recommended.
Developer's Twitter Username
22 people have recommended this app
Even better now!
Force Feed Refresh
Pull-down to refresh
Thanks for the Help
This has been my podcast app
Version 2.7.7 Released
bug with password-protected podcasts in 2.7.7
Bug in App
•Rename podcasts with long or unwieldy names
Voice Over Problems with Version 2.7.9 and iOS 6
No problems here
noticed this too
No issues here either
Just cleared out my iPod
Downcast is the Best
Version 2.7.10 released
+ New option: Stream episodes over Wi-Fi only
+ Podcast feed URLs are now updated when permanent redirections are detected
+ Download timeout notification sound now respects the "Downloads" sound effect setting
+ Fixed crash when enabling iCloud syncing in certain scenarios
+ Bug fixes
I have an iPhone 4S, but it's
Hey to all. I just joined the
How to import OPML file into Downcast
Actually I did the
I hoep that helps someone.
- imported the file in to dropbox.
- launched dropbox on iOS.
- tapped the opml file.
- tapped the export button,
- then choose open in downcast
Serious Problem with Downcast
Feed Source Problems
Not happening here
Thank for the replies
Turning Off Episode Synching Seems To Have Helped
Unfortunately the problem didn't get fixed
I would try removing
Hmm. I download like 33 eps
Unable to Search via Bluetooth Keyboard
Searching podcasts with your bluetooth keyboard
Try hitting enter onthe key
It also seems a bit faster
Hi all,I have just purchased
Hi, thanks for your reply,
To add to a a playlist simply
What's New in Version 2.8.5
+ iCloud syncing improvements
+ Better support for ID3 chapters
+ Bug fixes
What's New in Version 2.8.10
What's New in Version 2.8.15
- Added support for Google Cast™
- Added options for sorting episodes by file size and playback time remaining
- Added episode disk usage to the podcast details view
- Updated playback speeds (details at http://support.downcastapp.com)
- Dropped support for iOS 5
- Additional bug fixes and improvements
What's New in Version 2.8.20
• Support for iOS 8
• 64 bit support
• New method for sharing podcast and episode information**
• New sound effects
• Dropped support for iOS 6
• Other bug fixes and improvements
** To support iOS extensions, Downcast now uses the built-in iOS sharing feature. This means that support for sharing to some services will require installing
apps for those services and enabling their extensions.
What's New in Version 2.8.27
• Adds support for additional playback speeds: 2.25x, 2.5x, and 2.75x. The full list of supported speeds is 0.5x, 1.0x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x, 2.75x,
• Adds new global & podcast specific setting for configuring the speeds available when cycling playback speeds by tapping the player's speed button.
• Help button on the More tab now shows options for viewing online help, submitting your log file, and updating your crash reporting preferences.