Description of App
(iTunes App Store description)
The award winning Expedia Hotels & Flights app is the best and most beautiful way to book your hotel or flight. With real-time Itineraries with notifications, it's an essential app for when you're ready to start your trip. As always, you can save up to 40% with amazing Expedia Mobile Exclusive hotel deals and with Best Price Guarantee you know you're always getting the best deal. Download Expedia today.
Save big on hotel rooms
• Save up to 40% with Expedia Mobile Exclusive hotel deals
• Default to your current location for fast, on-the-go booking
• See reviews from actual hotel customers
• Sort by price, deals, or reviews — instantly
• Get cheap hotel rooms or 5-star luxury suites
Find the perfect flight
• Book a flight to anywhere in the world
• Sort by price, duration, or time instantly
• Search by airport name, city, or code
Book in a flash
• Already signed in? Book in under 30 seconds
• Earn Expedia Rewards points for mobile bookings
• Slide to purchase and away you go!
View your itinerary
• View upcoming trips that you book in the app and on the web
• Open the app when you're about to travel and immediately see your trip
• Get notifications for flight delays, gate changes and much more
What's New in Version 4.0
Introducing the new Expedia app for iPad!
● Simply start your search with a destination. No dates required.
● See hotel and flight search results side by side.
● Find the best flight and hotel faster with new filter options.
● Explore our curated travel collections and discover new destinations.
The iPad version has some issues, mainly, you can't search anything from it. The buttons to do that are not available to voiceover.
booking a flight.
Does anyone know, in this app, when I’m searching for a flight and I find the one I want, then I double tap to select it and vo says “flight selected” then what do I do?
Sue, Playing with it just now, after hitting the Search Flights button, there is a list of departing flights. I double tap the one I want. It goes to a different screen giving more details about the flight. At the bottom of that screen there is a button to Select Flight. After double tapping that, it went to a different screen to show me my return flights.
I will probably using this app to book my next rip. Much faster than trying to use American Airlines app and website.
Version 22.27 has accessibility issues
When you try to sign in, there's a button for email address and the keyboard appears, but Voiceover doesn't accept any keyboard entries, nor does Voiceover let you paste in the email address from the clipboard. Seems like something in the interface has become nonstandard.
Version 22.27 a11y issue replicated
Hi Deborah -- I'm able to replicate the issue you mentioned and will report it to Expedia, thank you. FYI, I don’t know if this will work for you, but when I “pretended” the fields were present, and went ahead and typed my email address, activated the “Next” key on the keyboard, typed my password, and then activated the “Go” key, it did successfully sign me in. Go figure. :-)