Description of App:
Scanner&Translator app extracts texts from any printed sources: documents, books, signs, instructions or announcements and allows to immediately translate them to any of 90 languages.
Take a picture of the text and after the text is recognized, you can immediately edit, hear, translate, share it on Facebook, Twitter, or simply send by email.
Better and faster than any other similar product!
70% cheaper than any other similar app, offered by competitors!
• Recognizes texts in more than 70 languages
• Translates to more than 90 languages
• Reads texts in more than 40 languages
• Full text translation for more than 90 languages (Internet connection is required)
• Listen to the text that has been recognized and translated into more than 40 languages!
• Edit the text, copy it to clipboard, and save in other apps
• Share the text on Facebook, Twitter, or send by email
• All texts are saved in History and can be later recovered at any time
With Scan & Translate app you can easily scan and translate:
• any paper documents
• recipes from cookbooks
• notes and letters
• menus in restaurants, bars, and cafes
• articles from magazines and newspapers
• book parts
• instructions and manuals
• texts on product labels
• road signs as well as signs in airports and stations
• and many more...
How to use the app:
• Select the language of the original text as text recognition language.
• Take a picture of the document (page, instruction, or any other text)
• Press the "Scan" button
• Recognized text will appear on the screen with an option to select the source language and the target (translation) language.
• After you select the language, the original text will be automatically translated and will appear at the bottom of the screen.
• To listen to the translation, press the "Voice" button
Scan & Translate app will digitize and translate any printed text right on your device!
Scan & Translate - image Scanner and Translator Support
What's New in Version 4.0
Meet the NEW Scan & Translate App!
NICE and more intuitive UI
GREAT NEW features:
- send PDF converted images
- save all your scans within the App Scans Library
- combine text and images into multipage documents
- iCloud synchronization: you will never lose your data again
- iMessage support: make scans directly from iMessage and send
extracted text and translations to your friends
Special thanks to Mads Houpt for help!
Many thanks to everyone for your feedbacks and support!
WE ALWAYS ARE HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU TO MAKE THINGS BETTER!
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
There is a free version of this app.
But, I can not activate the button to recognize a picture.
This paid version works well.
The internet connection is needed.
After taking a picture, upload it and process for OCR on the internet.
Be careful for the private document.
Before starting to use, I recommend to set the Recognition language and Target language in advance.
To go back to the main screen, activate "Menu" button at upper left corner.
Anyway, it's available to change the language on Camera screen and Result screen.
To get the result of recognition:
1. To open the camera screen,
activate the icon of "Camera".
It's located right below "Info" button at upper left corner.
2. After taking photo,
activate unlabeled "button" located at lower right corner, next to source language picker.
3. On the result screen, you can find the button to sharing, play and pause, and translate.
Non VoiceOver user can listen to the recognized text.
To translate the recognized text:
1. On the result screen,
activate "Translate" button, just above Home button.
2. The original text is displayed on upper half of screen.
The translated text is appeared on lower half of screen.
On each part, you can find "play and pause" button.