Description of App
Supersense is the smartest and simplest scanner app made for the blind and visually impaired users to read any text format, currency or product details from a barcode independently.
With the power of AI, Supersense automatically figures out what you are trying to scan, guides you on how to point the camera, and reads the content in the right format. Its unique design minimizes the time and frustrations of scanning and reading text for a blind and visually impaired user.
Full features of Supersense:
- Smart Scanner: The app automatically detects whether you are trying to quickly read a piece of text, a long document, a currency or a barcode.
- Smart Guidance: The app guides you on how to point the camera and finds the best angle to have the most accurate results
- Quick Read: Instantly read the text presented in front of the rear camera
- Document: Read longer documents with the assistance of smart guidance. Once the text has been recognized, use VoiceOver commands to navigate through the recognized text and share it to other apps.
- Currency: Recognize currencies and hear the value of a banknote
- Barcode: Scan barcodes to hear the name and brand of the products with additional information
- Object Explorer: Scan your physical environment and hear about the objects that are around.
- Import: Read and explore text from the photos in your camera roll. Also you can send them directly from any other apps with using "Supersense Image" tool in your share menu.
- Read History: Display your text recognition history in a single screen so you can navigate through the recently recognized text and share it to other apps
Most features work without an internet connection so that the blind or visually impaired user can use it in any situation. The app has full VoiceOver accessibility support and is available in multiple languages. Whenever you get stuck, you can always find our tutorial under Menu or request a call and we will reach you to give personal training on how to use Supersense.
Supersense is developed by Mediate, an MIT-spinoff AI start-up based in Boston. Mediate develops innovative computer vision systems with the support of the National Science Foundation and the US Department of Veterans Affairs. This app is just the first step in our mission to develop groundbreaking AI solutions for people with visual disabilities. We have developed the app with principles of human-centered design and with the assistance of blind and visually impaired users. We also partnered with many organizations that help the blind and low vision community.
If you would like any assistance or help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We always love to hear ideas and feedback from the blind and visually impaired community.
Supersense has limited access to all features. If you would like unlimited access, we have created subscription plans.
- Monthly Subscription: $4.99
- Yearly Subscription: $49.99
- Lifetime Subscription: $99.99
These subscription plans help us to continuously develop new features to provide immense value to the blind and the visually impaired.
If you choose to purchase a subscription, the payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. All subscription plans automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. If you don't choose to purchase a subscription plan, you can simply continue using designated Supersense features for free.
We hope you will enjoy your new super sense!