We are pleased to announce that members of the AppleVis Community have chosen Aira and Envision AI to be the next two inductees into the AppleVis iOS App Hall of Fame.
First opened in 2011, the AppleVis iOS App Hall of Fame is one of the ways in which the AppleVis community seeks to recognize great and accessible iOS applications that are or have been life-changing for blind and low vision users. Past inductees into the AppleVis iOS App Hall of Fame include A Blind Legend, BARD Mobile, BlindSquare, Seeing AI, TapTapSee, Timecrest: The Door, Twitterrific: Tweet Your Way, Voice Dream Reader, and Weather Gods.
To be eligible for induction into the AppleVis iOS App Hall of Fame, an app must:
- Be fully accessible to blind and low vision users;
- Be from a developer with a demonstrated and long-term commitment to full accessibility of their app(s);
- Have been available in the App Store for a significant period of time; and
- Demonstrate excellence in design, functionality and operation.
Voting for the 2020 inductions into the AppleVis iOS App Hall of Fame was held from June 9, 2020 through June 14, 2020. Voting was open to all blind and low vision users who did not have any affiliation with the app they were voting for.
About the 2020 AppleVis iOS App Hall of Fame Inductees
Aira is a free service that connects you to real people instantly to simplify daily life.
When you need to do something where some extra information can help you save time and be more efficient, just open the app and give us a call. You'll connect with real, highly-trained people who can see your surroundings through your phone's camera.
Protecting your privacy and ensuring you feel secure using Aira are our top priorities. Anyone you connect with will have passed robust background checks, signed strict privacy clauses, and undergone weeks of rigorous training.
- Integrate your rideshare accounts with your Aira account
- Take photos, label them, and have them sent to you
- Provide feedback directly in the app after each call for a better service
- Free Access Offers provide more places and ways to use Aira for free for longer
See what you canít with Envision, the fastest and most reliable app that describes the visual world around you with the help of artificial intelligence and OCR. Envision is carefully designed with the help of the visually impaired community, to bring the best assistive app to the blind and low vision. Read text in over 60 languages, use the magnifier, scan barcodes or your environment and so much more.
With full VoiceOver support, Envision helps you:
- Read Instantly - Read text instantly in over 60 different languages. Available fully offline for latin-based languages like English.
- Read documents - Scan documents with one or multiple pages at once, with the help of Envision in framing the document.
- Read Handwriting - Read handwritten postcards, letters, lists or any neat handwriting.
- Describe Scenes - Describes any scene around you with accuracy.
- Detect Colors- Detect colors on any surface.
- Scan Barcodes - Scan barcodes easily and get more information about products.
- Scan & find - Scan your surroundings to recognize faces and objects you have taught Envision among everything else.
- Envision everything - Share with Envision any file you want to access! Simply, select the file or photo from your phone archive or while on another app, tap share and select “Envision”, to access anything, anytime.
Visit Envision AI's App Store Page
We would like to extend our congratulations to Aira Tech Corp. and Envision. The iOS App Hall of Fame represents a legacy of excellence and innovation in accessible iOS applications, and Aira and Envision AI have both a positive and tangible impact on the lives of blind and low vision users.
I'm happy. I voted for
I'm happy. I voted for envision AI. I tried it for free once and loved it.
Congrads! Both are nice apps
Congrads! Both are nice apps and I use them both.
Congrats to Envision team!
The envision AI is great. The team is working to improve their app overtime. It's getting better and better.
Congrats!!!! I'm super happy... I voted for Envision. :-)
I've been using Envision for quite some time now and I have seen it improve drastically. It and Voice Dream Scanner are my only real go-to apps for scanning now as both still offer some differences.
As for Aira, I haven't used it, but everyone I know who has swears by it. it too sounds well-deserved.
Never Used Either But...
I haven't used these apps but congrats to the devs! I might give Aira a try one of these years, but I'm a bit weary about the cost involved. My independent travel skills aren't quite up to par, and I've been reading good things about Aira. Too bad Jonathan Mosen is not there anymore. Plus, I watched the Super Bowl a couple years ago when it was described by Aira and was very impressed with them.
I think Envision still has a lot of room for improvement
First of all I want to congratulate the two developers.I have been using Envision for the past two days, thanks to the author for the 14-day free usage period.It must be affirmed that this is a very comprehensive app.However, there is still much room for improvement in the specific functional experience.For example, in the Chinese language environment, many words on the interface are not translated correctly.In terms of OCR recognition, app recognition rate for text containing Chinese characters is relatively low.In terms of scene description, it is not specific enough compared to taptapsee.Nevertheless, I am willing to support the author.I hope the app can be better and better.