Apple has today released iOS 13.6.1, iPadOS 13.6.1, and a supplemental update to macOS Catalina 10.15.6.
According to Apple's release notes for iOS 13.6.1, via MacRumors this update:
- Addresses an issue where unneeded system data files might not be automatically deleted when available storage is low
- Fixes a thermal management issue that caused some displays to exhibit a green tint
- Fixes an issue where Exposure Notifications could be disabled for some users
According to Apple's release notes for macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update, via MacRumors this update:
- Fixes a stability issue that could occur when running virtualization apps
- Resolves an issue where an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) may appear washed out after waking from sleep
As these are minor updates released to address a handful of specific issues, our expectation is that they do not contain any accessibility changes for blind and low-vision users. However, if you do notice any changes, improvements or regressions in your use of these releases, please let us know by posting a comment below.
How to update
iOS 13.6.1 and iPadOS 13.6.1 are available via Over-the-Air Update (Settings > General > Software Update) via Finder on a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or via iTunes on a PC or Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier.
Before updating, we strongly recommend making a full and complete backup of your device (either locally or in iCloud, depending on personal preference). This will ensure that, in the unlikely event that something goes wrong during the update process, you will have a current backup on hand in case a device restore becomes necessary. Also, if using OTA update, we recommend plugging your device into a power source for the duration of the download/installation process, so as to prevent the unlikely event of your battery going dead during the update.
More information on how to update the software on your device is available on this Apple Support page.
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update can be downloaded by going to System Preferences > Software Update.