Dropping by to let you know we have released an update to Weather Gods.
There are many changes and bug fixes but the highlights are:
1. Weather Alerts are now available on the Apple Watch Weather Gods app
2. We have upgraded to Apple's new watchos7 complications which means there are many new complications and you can configure multiple Weather Gods complications on the same watch face.
3. We have lots more widgets; including weather conditions, precipitation chart, snow chart; 72 hour pressure chart, wind chart, heat and humidity and wind conditions. All of our charts are accessible with Voiceover.
Some notes on the new complications.
These can be configured using the Watch App on your iPhone or by editing the complication slots for the face on your watch.
In both cases you will find a new section "Weather Gods" filled with many different types of complications. You can add more than one of our complications to your watch face, and I have tried to resolve some of the VoiceOver issues that previously occurred when adding complications to the Infograph sub-dial top and the bezel. It's still not perfect but hopefully better than last time.
In other news, I have started work on migrating our weather notification platform from IBM to Amazon AWS, especially as IBM have given notice they will soon start to shutdown services we use. I hope to have this completed by the end of September.
I have also began working on the next version of Weather Gods which will include a new subscription tier called the Extended forecast.
I hope to provide the following as part of the extended forecast:
- 14 days of weather throughout the app; Pantheon, Weather Wheel, Timelines and Moon data.
- Air Quality on the Pantheon and Weather Wheel
- A dedicated Air Quality widget that will provide more detailed data such as ozone, particle matter, carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide and sulphur dioxide
- Air Quality on the Apple Watch and a dedicated Air Quality watch complication
- Minute data for the next two hours. This will indicate precipitation and snow accumulation, giving start and stop times.
- Air Quality and more frequent precipitation notifications - once I have moved from IBM to the Amazon AWS platform.
I would welcome feedback on the pricing as well please. Here's my current thinking (which may change):
1. Premium is $2.99 per month
2. Extended which includes premium is $3.99 per month
I will also make the Extended forecast available as a separate bolt on for $1.49 per month. This allows grandfathered users to gain access to the extended forecast and also for users who don't want or need the premium plan.
Finally, many thanks to all our testers and translators for their help with the app, for what has been quite a long development cycle.