Apple has today released iOS 16.0.2to the public. According to the release notes, iOS 16.0.2 resolves a bug which could cause VoiceOver to become unusable after rebooting your iPhone.
The full list of fixes mentioned in the release notes are:
- Camera may vibrate and cause blurry photos when shooting with some third-party apps on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Display may appear completely black during device setup
- Copy and paste between apps may cause a permission prompt to appear more than expected
- VoiceOver may be unavailable after rebooting
- Addresses an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone 11 displays after being serviced
At the time of posting, we are not aware of any additional changes for blind and low vision users in this release. If you do observe any changes during your own use of iOS 16.0.2, please do let us know your findings in the comments.
iOS 16.0.2 is available via Over-the-Air Update (Settings > General > Software Update) via Finder on a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or via iTunes on a PC or Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier.