Description of App
Flipboard is your personal magazine. Used by millions of people everyday, it’s a single place to keep up on the news, follow topics you care about and
share stories, videos and photos that influence you.
To start, follow a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar.
You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and easily flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories you enjoy or express a point of view. Use the + button on anything you find to collect it into your own magazine. You can see all your magazines
in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website http://www.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page. http://flipboard.com/support
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on iPhone (or Cover Stories on iPad) to see highlights across everything you’re
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America,
Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On iPad, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography
and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
Such a shame.
Additional Discussions of FlipBoard
Flipboard for iPhone and iPad is now accessible!
Can someone please edit the original description?
my thoughts on Fliboard
Flipboard V1.9 claims VoiceOver support
I don't have this on my iDevice, but its latest release, V1.9, explicitly mentions VoiceOver support:Accessibility for visually impaired people. Apple's VoiceOver helps users navigate Flipboard and listen to articles.
So, if interested, you may want to take a look at it.
Not just accessibility but lots of great audio content
swipe up and down still?
Appears to have add a big feature in this update. Be curious in what others think of it and if it is as accessible or more accessible?
What's New in Version 2.0
★ You can now collect and save content into your own magazines, tap the new “+” button to get started. If you prefer to remove the "+" button, you can turn it Off in Settings.
★ Your magazines are public, but can be made private (viewable only to you) at any time.
★ Use the new bookmarklet to add items to your magazines from your browser. Get it at https://share.flipboard.com.
★ Get Flipboard notifications when people like, comment or subscribe to your magazines.
★ Email whole magazines or share them to your social network. Of course, you can still share or email any single article, photo or video.
★ Personalized recommendations for more to add to your Flipboard.
★ Search is now front and center on your Flipboard, with new improved results.
★ Faster page-loading and faster flipping performance.
All's working fine as far as I can see
This is just how this app works
My podcasts on Flipboard usage
Unlabeled buttons in new actions list
Labels for share buttons
The labels for the 5 buttons used to share an article should be something like this:
installing Flip it Booklet
I’m really pleased to see that the developers have finally added support for the scrub gesture to this app. It makes things a whole lot quicker and easier!
What's New in Version 3.0
The third generation of Flipboard offers topic tags that create a highly personalized experience filled with precisely what you like. There's also a new morning news magazine called The Daily Edition, and a fresh new phone design that quickly brings the stories that matter most to you front and center.
• Choose from over 30,000 topics to follow. Each topic is powered by the best stories across publishers, websites and the 10+ million magazines made on Flipboard.
• Explore topics through search or by tapping on topic tags at the bottom left of articles.
• Start your day with The Daily Edition, featuring articles selected by our team, ready at 7 a.m. every day.
• Follow people to stay up-to-date on everything they're collecting into their magazines.
• Enjoy an overall design refresh, including full-bleed magazine covers, new typography, and more prominent comment displays and attribution.
On the phone only:
• A brand-new look and feel: use the new tab bar to quickly navigate between your Flipboard, everything you're following, search, notifications and your profile.
• Share, like or flip your favorite stories into magazines more quickly from easier-to-access buttons.
Feedback is always welcome. Please contact us with any issues or suggestions by going into Settings on Flipboard > Help & Feedback. Thank you for using Flipboard.
Overview on V 3.0
The design has definitely been altered. When I first downloaded the update, I had a lot of trouble, so much so that I mistakenly believed the update to be completely broken. However, deleting the app and re-installing it seems to have remedied my problems.
I'm using an IPhone 5S so the description of the layout will be using this device's screen layout.
The design has changed so that now there is a menu of tabs across the bottom of the screen (going from left to right) labeled Cover Stories, Following, Search, Notifications, and Profile. You need to double tap the tab to select it. VO will let you know that it's been selected. When you are in the Profile tab, there will be three unlabeled buttons.
The one at the far left near the top of the screen should be Find People to Follow. The one on the right, near the top of the screen should be Settings. The third, which is in the center of the screen, just a tad lower down from the others should be labeled Edit Profile.
When you flip through sections with the three finger swipe up or down, you'll now need to make sure that you aren't on the menu bar. Otherwise, you'll encounter the infamous VO thunk and not accomplish your goal.
To switch to different sections (besides Cover Stories), you'll need to enter the Following tab and double tap on the section you want to read.
When in an article, I find it easiest to find the Back button and swiping right with a finger from there to get to the others such as Like, Comments, and so on. All of those are properly labeled.
To follow more topics, you can go to the Search screen and type something in or look at the topics they suggest. Knowing that you're actually subscribed to a topic is much clearer as it will say something like Following Healthy Eating.
The easiest way I have found to unfollow a topic is to go to the Following tab, find the topic, double tap on it, then select the button that states something like Following Healthy Eating. You will then be asked if you really want to Unfollow Healthy Eating. Alternatively, you can double tap and hold on a topic (which makes it draggable but VO doesn't tell you this, nor does it actually tell you where you're moving the topic in relation to everything else on the screen). You will then be able to swipe left to a button labeled Close X Small, which when double tapped, will allow you to Unfollow the topic. There will be a confirmation dialogue box so you won't accidentally Unfollow a topic you're actually interested in.
This became one of my favorite news apps and I was quite disappointed when I thought it had been broken, so I am glad I gave it another look and hope this hastily put-together overview helped.