Dear AppleVis members,
I'm Raphael from Creaceed, we are an indie company from Belgium making apps for Apple devices. We make Prizmo, that you may have heard of before. I hope this forum is the appropriate place to discuss new app releases (if that's not the case, please let me know).
I wanted to let you know we are releasing a new app today (April 27th), Prizmo Go, whose purspose is to quickly capture & recognize text using iPhone or iPad camera. The app is fully compatible with VoiceOver, and provides text-to-speech and shooting instructions, among other accessibility features. It can be downloaded on the App Store and tested for free, but requires purchase to export text or use the higher accuracy Cloud OCR feature.
Below you'll find the app description and links, and I'm available in case you have any question about it.
Raphael Sebbe, creaceed.com
Prizmo Go - Instant Text Capture
Aim at text. Shoot. It's yours! Prizmo Go lets you quickly grab printed text with the camera. After text is recognized in a blink of an eye, you can interact with it in many useful ways. Or just send it to other apps. And if you've got a Mac, you can even copy/paste it there (*). No more retyping. Feels like magic, just at your finger tips.
Additionally, Prizmo Go provides rich interactions with the captured text. After shooting, text from the original picture is revealed, and swiping through it allows fast and accurate text selection directly from the image. Selected text can then be read aloud, or you can tap to browse to any printed website address, call phone numbers, trigger Mail app from an email address, or even reveal physical address in Apple Maps and initiate navigation to that place.
Prizmo Go comes with enhancements specifically built for VoiceOver, in addition to spoken guidance prior to shooting. That, combined with its text-to-speech capabilities, make it a great companion in case you need help reading printed documents.
Note: Prizmo Go won't let you create PDF documents. If that's what you need, please refer to the standard version of Prizmo.
- Camera-based text capture for iPhone & iPad
- Real-time text highlighting in camera preview
- Flash and device orientation detection
- Innovative image stabilization (sharpness tracking)
- Import from photo album or iOS document picker
- Advanced image preprocessing (cleanup, perspective correction, dynamic rescale)
- Reliable Built-in OCR (works without internet connection), 10 languages (see below)
- Accurate Cloud OCR (***) option (Internet connection required), 22 languages (see below)
- QR code recognition
- Text selection by swiping through the picture
- Copy / paste to other apps or to the Mac (*, **)
- Interaction with detected information: phone number, email addresses, physical addresses, websites (**)
- Audio (text-to-speech) reader with word highlighting, including background audio playback & sentence navigation
- Full support of VoiceOver and improved workflow for visually impaired and blind users
- Text-to-speech output & speaking rate control
- Specific image processing to handle unaligned text and reversed configurations
- Spoken guidance prior to actual shooting
- Deep integration with Dynamic Type for improved & customisable text appearance
OTHER FEATURES & AUTOMATION
- Optimized for iOS 10
- Copy to the Mac with Universal Clipboard (*)
- 3D Touch Quick Actions & haptic feedback (iPhone 7 or later)
- iPad Multitasking: support for Slide Over / Split View
- Supports Action Extension and 'Open In': other apps can send an image to Prizmo Go for processing
- URL scheme mechanism (x-callback-url) to trigger Prizmo from other apps like Workflow, and retrieve recognized text. Works with camera input or provided input image (clipboard).
AVAILABLE OCR LANGUAGES
- Built-in OCR (10): Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish.
- Cloud OCR (22): Arabic, Chinese, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
(*) Requires a Mac running macOS Sierra (or later) that is compatible with Universal Clipboard.
(**) Requires purchase of Export Pack.
(***) Requires purchase of Export Pack and purchase of Cloud OCR units.
Pricing and Availability:
Prizmo Go is available starting April 27th worldwide as a free app on the App Store, and is localized in 16 languages. The application can be tried out, but access to text is limited. Text access can be unlocked by purchasing Export Pack for $4.99 as a one-time purchase. Cloud OCR requires units to be operated, units that can be purchased directly within the app: 100-pack is $0.99, 1000-pack is $4.99. Cloud OCR can also be tried out prior to purchasing.
Creaceed is a Belgian company that has been making apps for 9 years, focusing on image processing technologies in the fields of document scanning, note taking, photo and video processing. Other apps like Hydra, Carbo, and Prizmo have been awarded by the press & featured by Apple on multiple occasions.