Release 1.7.2 should be hitting the App Store about now.
Despite being only a point release, it turned out actually to be quite large.
Where to start?
1. We added humidity to the weather wheel, Apple Watch and smart weather complications
2. The watch complications now track your GPS location, providing you select a GPS location in our watch app. It was actually quite hard work to get this working, without killing the battery.
3. You can include the location name in the large modular, I will be updating the other complications in the next release.
4. We have removed the reliance on observation data for the 'now' view. We found the data was not reliable enough for all locations, and in some cases, the weather stations just didn't report the data at all!
5. The cloud descriptions have been unified between the main app, watch app and widget.
6. We have re-worked our algorithms for when to show rain/ sleet/snow throughout the app. You should see and hear fewer instances of rain when the chance of rain is low.
7. Follow me allows the choice to have a three-day weather summary notification - configure in Device Settings in the Weather Gods section
8. We fixed the follow me distance trigger not always working
9. The follow me notification now plays our familiar Weather Gods sound :)
We also had a big push on improving the app accessibility with the help of Hamish who is an Accessibility Manager for a large bank. His suggestions have really helped the app. Thank you Hamish.
1. we changed the swipe gesture for changing location from swipe left and right to swipe up and down. Works on the Home screen and the Weather Wheel
2. you can now swipe left and right in the weather wheel to advance backward and forwards a day at a time
3. you swipe up as well as down to change the timeline god
4. every screen (where applicable) should support the accessibility escape shortcut (magic z)
5. we have added headings to the Home screen and timelines
6. clearer labels throughout the app, for example, the day/night toggle used to read ‘day’ or ‘night’. Now it will say ‘switch to day’ or ‘switch to night’
7. the search dialog has been improved. We now indicate the number of results and also provide a quick (swipe right) method to cancel the search
8. managing favorite and recent locations should be easier with custom actions to delete or add as a favorite
9. search results have the full country name to aid identification
10. the weather sounds volume in settings is now a standard slider control
11. it should be easier to play and listen to all the weather sounds in the dedicated weather sounds screen
There are many other internal changes as well.
I would like to say a big thank you to all our beta testers who helped test the app and knock it into shape - this hasn't been the easiest of betas - the people testing the watch complication have shown an extraordinary level of patience as I tried out various algorithms :)
Finally, If you enjoy the app, and haven't left a review, then we would really appreciate a review on the app store, please. It helps with our ratings, which in turn drives downloads, allowing us to continue feeding, watering and developing the app.