Description of App
Immerse yourself in the healing voices of the natural world! Be instantly transported into the great outdoors, where the tonic of wildness will soothe
your spirit and bring a relaxed sense of joy to your day.
Designed primarily for headphone listening, this app features over 80 spacious 3D binaural soundscapes, meticulously gathered by recording artist Lang
Elliott in wild areas across North America and beyond. Audio quality is superb throughout.
• Calm yourself with the all-encompassing voices of thunderstorms, rain, wind and waves.
• Sleep soundly to the rhythmical night songs of insects, frogs and whip-poor-wills, enlivened by the distant hoots and howls of owls and coyotes.
• Relax to the gentle choruses of birds at dawn, or the mesmerizing sounds of birds and brooks combined.
• Awaken to uplifting soundscapes that help clear one’s mind at the beginning of each new day.
• Learn about tracks while listening by reading descriptions that include dates and locations of recordings.
• Use anywhere and anytime … in coffee shops, subways, airport terminals, work places … whenever you feel the need to be soothed by nature’s healing music.
• TWO FREE ALBUMS (of six tracks each) are included in the basic app, with many more albums available as in-app purchases.
• Individual recordings as well as full albums can be looped indefinitely, with listening durations controlled by a timer when desired.
• User-selected tracks can be added to a “Favorites” list that will behave just like an album.
Why Use Headphones?
My recordings have been made using a special microphone that simulates the human head. To experience the remarkable 3D effect, it is best to listen with
headphones, where the right ear hears only the right channel, and the left ear hears only the left channel. While headphones produce the best result, earbuds
may also be used, but they often have weak bass and boosted treble. To alleviate this problem, we include a special equalization setting specifically tailored
for stock Apple EarPods and AirPods.
To experience nature’s magic in noisy environments, we highly recommend modern “noise cancellation headphones” that greatly decrease the ambient noise.
Yes … it is quite possible to relax into pristine nature even while traveling on a subway or flying in an airplane!
When listening via speakers in a conventional stereo arrangement, both ears hear signals from both speakers, resulting in "crosstalk" that degrades the
spatial cues responsible for a realistic 3D effect. To improve the sense of spaciousness, try placing the speakers out to the sides. In so doing, one's
head reduces crosstalk, allowing one's brain to properly decipher the 3D sound cues. While speaker listening can certainly provide a satisfying experience,
headphones typically yield a much more immersive effect that literally transports the listener into wild nature.
Support and App Information:
Made with love by inookta
If you experience technical problems or have related questions about the functioning of the app, contact us at: email@example.com