Weather Gods 2.0 has been approved by Apple and should be hitting the various stores soon.
There is a lot that has gone into 2.0.
- Severe weather alerts for the USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Greece, Norway and Italy. I may add other European countries depending on demand. Canadians can choose English or French for the alert text.
- There are two new Siri shortcuts. You can ask Siri if there are any weather alerts for your current location, and ask Siri for the current weather conditions.
- Follow me has been updated to (optionally) display severe weather alerts when you arrive at your destination. You can configure this (and other Follow me settings) in the Weather Gods section of the device settings.
- We have made it easier to quickly toggle notifications and severe weather alerts from the locations screen. Swipe down through the locations list and you will find two new rotor actions.
- Lots of bug fixes, including the various complications and watch faces.
Severe Weather Alerts HowTo
1. Make sure severe weather alerts are switched on in the main Weather Gods settings.
2. Load a location for which you want to enable severe weather alerts.
3. Double tap the notifications button and then swipe down to the severe weather alerts toggle. You will also notice that we have inverted the notifications toggle switch so it is now a pause button.
You can access severe weather alerts for a location by double tapping the alerts button on the home screen, or weather wheel. You can also get an indication of the severity and quantity from the widget. Finally, you can always ask Siri!
The Apple Watch supports severe weather alert notifications, but we don't give any more information on the watch. I'm still pondering this one.
We check USA and Canadian weather alerts every 5 minutes and the European alerts every 15 minutes. I believe we cover most of them - I have even received Fire Watch alerts during testing.
Severe weather alerts show up on the lock screen in a different group to the regular notifications. Saves a bit of swiping if all you are interested in are the severe ones.
You will also notice we have a new sound for a severe weather alert as well. It has been well received during testing so I hope you like it.
I would like to thank everybody from the community who helped with the testing - there has been plenty of very good feedback which we have really appreciated.
As I say many times, if you enjoy the Weather Gods app, and haven't left a review, then please, please do so. It helps us immensely with our search engine visibility on the App Store and may even catch the eye of someone at Apple!
Many thanks and I hope you enjoy the update.