Important. We will be switching off the IBM data service on October 31st. I realise it's earlier than November 14th but I would like to avoid IBM charging for a full month of data when we will only be using half of it. Please let anyone know who hasn't yet upgraded.
Latest update should be hitting the App Store in the next 24 hours.
- German localisation updates
- Polish localisation updates
- Siri shortcut for Weekend Weather now includes the Friday night :)
- There is now a custom UI for viewing notifications. Swipe left on the notification and tap View to launch. The main benefit is it fixes the truncating of alert title and alert text.
- Further improvements to the weather text generator. It can now handle days when the weather starts with rain and turns to snow, sleet, wintry mix etc and vice versa.
- Voiceover will now indicate if the sun is rising or setting alongside the location and last updated label. This fixed a bug that indicated it was still night time when the sun was rising.
- Voiceover date / time improvements for languages other than English
- Cleaned up the alert text some more
- Small improvements to Voiceover weather summaries around Voiceover reading the units of measurement for wind speed.
- Crashes on the iPad when viewing notifications
- Fixed the rain, snow and storm notifications sometimes displaying the unlikely text
- Fixed some of the translations not working for rain, snow and storm notifications
- Fixed a crash that sometimes happens with the app start-up, when launched from the background
- Fixed a crash that sometimes happens when viewing the weather wheel
- Fixed the close button disappearing on the location search screen
- More work on Siri shortcuts. Weekend, weekly, daily and current conditions should now display correctly when asking Siri about locations outside of your time zone.
- AerisWeather fixed a daylight saving bug for UK/Europe on 23rd October. This was fixed within six hours of me notifying them
- AerisWeather are rolling out an update on 28th October which should fix the precipitation reporting problems we have been having in UK/Europe.
Finally, many thanks to our testers and translators who have helped enormously on this update.