Important. We will be switching off the IBM data service on October 31st. I realise it's earlier than November 14th but I would like to avoid IBM charging for a full month of data when we will only be using half of it. Please let anyone know who hasn't yet upgraded.
Latest update should be hitting the App Store in the next 24 hours.
- German localisation updates
- Polish localisation updates
- Siri shortcut for Weekend Weather now includes the Friday night :)
- There is now a custom UI for viewing notifications. Swipe left on the notification and tap View to launch. The main benefit is it fixes the truncating of alert title and alert text.
- Further improvements to the weather text generator. It can now handle days when the weather starts with rain and turns to snow, sleet, wintry mix etc and vice versa.
- Voiceover will now indicate if the sun is rising or setting alongside the location and last updated label. This fixed a bug that indicated it was still night time when the sun was rising.
- Voiceover date / time improvements for languages other than English
- Cleaned up the alert text some more
- Small improvements to Voiceover weather summaries around Voiceover reading the units of measurement for wind speed.
- Crashes on the iPad when viewing notifications
- Fixed the rain, snow and storm notifications sometimes displaying the unlikely text
- Fixed some of the translations not working for rain, snow and storm notifications
- Fixed a crash that sometimes happens with the app start-up, when launched from the background
- Fixed a crash that sometimes happens when viewing the weather wheel
- Fixed the close button disappearing on the location search screen
- More work on Siri shortcuts. Weekend, weekly, daily and current conditions should now display correctly when asking Siri about locations outside of your time zone.
- AerisWeather fixed a daylight saving bug for UK/Europe on 23rd October. This was fixed within six hours of me notifying them
- AerisWeather are rolling out an update on 28th October which should fix the precipitation reporting problems we have been having in UK/Europe.
Finally, many thanks to our testers and translators who have helped enormously on this update.
You beat me to it, great work
I was all ready to notify you that all rain in the UK seems to be a very light shower and the percentages of likelihood are way to low, but looks like that's being fixed. Great work.
best weather app
't care what other weather apps come out I will keep using this one. I will also subscribe. This app needs to stay around for years.
I know lots of late nights have gone into this update. Well done, and go get some sleep.
I admit that I haven't understood shortcuts in general since they were made available in IOS but can somebody explain briefly how to use shortcuts in weather gods?
There is a menu option in WG settings called Add to Siri.
From there you can tap to choose your type of shortcut.
Most can be configured further, but by default they are set to the location that is loaded when you enter the settings section. You can add multiple shortcuts for different locations.
Once you've created the shortcut and given it a memorable name then it's a simple case of "Hey Siri" and your shortcut name or you can go into the shortcuts app and swipe through to the weather gods shortcuts and run them from there.
The Get the Weather shortcut can be setup for weekly, weekend, daily and current conditions. There's nothing to stop you from having each of these shortcuts for multiple locations.
Hope that helps.
Scott, this is a great update! Thanks for all your hard work. As someone has said, get some sleep!
Echoing the Sentiments
Hi Scott. Thanks as always for this amazing app. Please do get some sleep. It will help you function better.
Working on an iOS14 widget now based on the weather highlights on the watch :)
That be cool. I can add my battery and WG.
Scott is one of the best developers I have had the pleasure of working with. he has implamented some of my suggestions. He fixes bugs timely. He is responsive. I have worked with PC developers, android developers and iOS developers. Scott is the best. Thanks for all you do.
Great app, great update, and a question!
Really good update as always, Scott. I for one shall not be going over to the dark side where all the other weather apps live. But I'm going to take the opportunity to ask a question which I've been wanting to ask for a while:
I have the Voiceover smart conditions complication on my watch face. Looking at it now, it says: '10 degrees, feels like 10 degrees, cloudy, wind from the south-west 11mph, gentle breeze, humidity 75%, sunset 16:39, Barnet; 10 degrees, feels like 10 degrees, low 9, feels like 9 degrees, high 12, feels like 12 degrees, 33%'
My question: what's the 33% meant to represent? Chance of rain? I only ask because yesterday the figure was 0% and yet it was raining at the time. I'm also interested in why some of the data (in the example above, the data after the semi-colon) is repeated but it doesn't bother me at all. in fact, it's one of the best things about Weather Gods - so much data packed into the smart conditions complication if it's positioned correctly on the watch face.
How depressing that sunset is as early as 16:39!
On the strike face, I get12 miles for hour, wind speed and gust instead of themputure. This happen when I pear my series 5 with my 12 pro. Using current iOS and watchOS.
Hi Bingo Little, The 33% is an Apple thing I can't get rid of. Visually the temperature is displayed as a gauge - bit like a circular pressure gauge. On the left is the low temperature, 9 degrees, in the middle is the current temperature 10 degrees and on the right is the high temperature 12 degrees. The percentage is the amount of fill from left to right of the gauge. In our case it's about 30%. I haven't found a way of dropping this for Voiceover.
It looks like you have two complications on your watch face? A temperature complication and the smart Voiceover? That's possible why you are getting the two readings from Voiceover?
The day is definitely too short now :(
Hi Holger, I've made a note to look into the wind speed / temperature complication. Sometimes the choice doesn't stick to the app, so you select temperature, but the app gets told wind speed.
temperature complication and the smart Voiceover?
Do you need both? What happen if you turn off one? Thanks. I blame Apple for making my life hard. It was working perfect before I pear my watch with iPhone 12 pro.